The extravagant auction for the most awaited Indian Premier League Season 11 is over, and with April just two months away, people are more than excited to watch the performances of their favorite cricketers and watch the unexpected underdogs take them by surprise.
While the cricket devotees are nation-wide rooting for their personal favorite teams, here are some players this season one must look out for. These players have the potential to become the game changer at any point of the match individually and their attributes are not to be taken lightly.
These are the top 11 players predicted to be some of the deadly assets to their respective teams:
- Shikhar Dhawan – This strong left-handed batsman playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad, is certainly one of the strongest pillars of the team. The third highest run-scorer in IPL 2008 for Delhi Daredevils and outstanding performance in 2012 with total of 569 runs from 15 matches, Shikhar Dhawan is one of the most preferred openers for ODIs and Test matches for Indian Cricket Team.
- Virat Kohli – If there is one name in the Indian Cricket Team today being chanted by every Indian with pride is that of Virat Kohli. This exceptional batsman, fielder and leader has not only won himself many titles like fastest player to reach 7000 in ODIs internationally and first Indian captain to score double century in Test match overseas but has also become the second highest run-getter with 4418 runs in 149 games as of 2017.
- Sunil Narine – This West Indian unpredictable spinner is one of the prized possession of Kolkata Knight Riders and one of the two players to be retained by the franchisee. The right move of the franchisee to make Narine the opener in IPL 2017 landed the team the fastest joint fifty in just 15 balls.
- Chris Gayle – Undoubtedly one of the biggest names in the in world of T20, this Caribbean man is one of the deadliest players in the history of IPL. In 2012, he piled up a total of 733 runs with the scoring rate of 160 runs per 100 balls. In 2013 he single-handedly scored 175 runs against Pune Warriors India. This feisty powerful all-rounder is the biggest asset for Kings XI Punjab so far.
- Anjukya Rahane – The consistent high-quality performance delivery by Ajinkya Rahane has earned him true love from his fan and the franchisee. Whether it is his match-winning 98 against Kings XI Punjab, impressive 103 against Royal Challangers Banglore in IPL 2012 or his surprising 84 off 63 balls against Delhi Daredevils, this royal legend has never failed to impress his fans.
- Gauntam Gambhir – With scoring over 4000 runs over the past decade, this consistent and reliable left-handed batsman has led Kolkata Knight Riders to glorious victory twice in 2012 & 2014. The captain this year of Delhi Daredevils has the ability to adapt to any situation and work smartly under pressure.
- M.S. Dhoni – The true example of the amalgamation of the terms ‘one-man-army’ and teamwork quality is Mahendra Singh Dhoni. After leading the team to victory twice in 2010 & 2011 along with the titles of four runner-up finishes, this calm and composed but lethal captain is back to give other teams a run for their money.
- Jasprit Bumrah – Affectionately called Jasprit ‘Boom’ Bumrah is the new name turning all heads in the cricket industry. Master of Yorker, Malinga has backed the strength of this young player that has boosted his confidence and helped him take all his opponents by surprise through his unpredictable bowling style. Certainly, a man to look out for this season.
- Chris Lynn – The costliest buy of IPL this season with 9.2 crores, Kolkata Knight Riders left no stone unturned to retain this right-handed strong batsman in their team, even if it meant using their Right to Match (RTM) card. One of the highest quality opening batsmen of the season, this overseas player sure has many eyes on him this year.
- Colin Munro – Arguably, one of the finest all-rounders of the present time in the cricket world, this New Zealand player is all set to bring some impressive runs into the Delhi Daredevils’ team.
- Dhruv Shorey – This name might come as a surprise but many underdogs seem to make name for themselves if given the right opportunity at the right time. With a strike rate of 141.58 and 303 runs at an average of 60.60, this hidden talent might come handy for the Chennai Super Kings.