Indian Premier League 2011 is perhaps one of the most awaited Cricket League in the nation as it allows the audience to watch all their favourite players play on the same ground. Its always thrilling to watch Virat Kohli play against AB de Villiers but it is equally interesting to watch them play together. Cheering and rooting for overseas players as a part of our own team is another experience altogether.
Here is the list of some lethal and deadly overseas players that you need to watch out for this IPL season-
- Sunil Narine – The bowling abilities of this 29-year-old West Indies player is a treat for everyone’s eyes. Having contributed immensely to the success of Kolkata Knight Riders in the past was the prime reason why the franchisee decided to retain him at 12.5 Cr. which made him one of the most expensive players in this year’s auction. Currently ranked at 9th place in the T20I rankings, he has played not less than 82 IPL matches and has scored 95 wickets against his name at the economy of 6.33. A definite overseas spinner every team needs to look out for.
- Ben Stokes – This right arm fast-medium paced batsman from New Zealand is in controversy for all the wrong reasons but that did not stop Rajasthan Royals to bid for him for all the right reasons, that is his unbeatable all-rounder skills on the pitch. Bought for head spinning 14.5 Cr. by Rising Pune Supergiants last season and 12.5 Cr. by Rajasthan Royals this season, Ben Stokes is all ready to give a hard time to all his opponent teams.
- Faf du Plessis – After beating the 1.5 Cr. bid of Kolkata Knight Riders with the RTM Card, Chennai Super Kings happily retained their famous South African player at a nice bargain. After captaining South Africa T20I team for five years, Plessis has enough experience to contribute greatly to the success of Chennai Super Kings once again. With strong batting technique and quite a few good moves for leg spinners, Faf du Plessis is tough overseas player others need to watch-out for.
- Rashid Khan – This 19 years old Afghan spinner was retained by Sunrisers Hyderabad with the use of RTM and for all the right reasons. With his impressive performance in the Big Bash League (BBL) with 18 wickets against his name in 11 matches at the economy of 5.66, Rashid is all set to give ground breaking performance this IPL season as well.
- Colling Munro – This left handed South African batsman with the record of scoring fastest half century in T20 and more than 3500 runs in the shortest format of game is a strong asset in the Delhi Daredevils teams.